Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Pioneer Woman Collection is Pleasantly Rustic & Charming!

   

As my regular followers know, I am an avid Pioneer Woman fan. I was excited when she first announced her new cookware line a while back, and was equally excited once I saw all the items available to consumers in the United States. 

I was thrilled to get the opportunity to review The Pioneer Woman Timeless Beauty 7-Quart Oval Cast Iron Dutch Oven, as well as, her Timeless Beauty 4-Piece Cast Iron Cookbook Holder and Trivet Set! I couldn't wait to put it all to good use!

Upon receipt of the products, I immediately got to work testing out the 7-Quart Oval Dutch Oven. After washing it out, the first thing I made was The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Cacciatore recipe from her Dinnertime Cookbook. The chicken browned beautifully and baked well with the sauce in the oven afterward. It was a cinch to clean, which is always appreciated! I also made beef tacos using stewing beef, with her delicious Enchilada Sauce as the liquid to simmer the meat in until fork tender. The third thing I made was a huge batch of meat sauce for some lasagne that I was going to make. The oval shape is great if you were using a whole chicken or cooking with another oblong piece of meat.  I love it for all of these purposes and the ease of cleaning. I love the size of this one, as it allows you to make large batches to feed a big family, or to make large batches ahead of time for freezing. The Pioneer Woman Timeless Beauty 7-Quart Oval Cast Iron Dutch Oven is oven safe up to 500F. It comes in a variety of colours, and retails in the U.S. for approximately $80USD. The Pioneer Woman Collection also has a 5-Quart Round Dutch Oven available in various colours. It retails for $50USD if you were looking for a smaller or more cost effective option. 

The three trivets that come with the 4-Piece Cast Iron Cookbook Holder and Trivet Set are beautiful. I love the vibrant blue, yellow and red colours. And they seem quite sturdy. There are little rubber stoppers on the bottom to protect your counter or table tops and are 8" wide, which is perfect for most pots and pans. 

The Cast Iron Cookbook Holder from the set is very pretty and does its job. It held my cookbooks open well. I was a bit disappointed however, with the roughness of the cast iron. I was expecting it to have a smoother finish and am a bit worried about the underside possibly scratching a counter top or other surface that you might be using it on. This could easily be solved by adding some sticky protectors on the bottom, which I will be doing to get better use out of it. But with that being said, I do think that this issue would have been better solved if dealt with at the design and manufacturing levels. A consumer should not have to trouble shoot the intended use of a product. The 4-Piece Cast Iron Cookbook Holder and Trivet Set retails for approximately $43USD.

Overall, I love the products! At this time, The Pioneer Woman Collection is currently available exclusively at Walmart in the U.S. only. I cannot wait for the line to hit Canadian shelves!  I'm currently looking into when that might eventually happen and will let you all know by adding a timeframe, replacing this line once I find out. 

All of these items are hand wash only. Treat them with love and I'm confident you'll be happy with them, even if the book holder is a bit on the rough side. 

To check out other products manufactured by Gibson Overseas, you can visit their website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.

***** These views are mine, and mine alone. As with anything, you are responsible for assessing whether this item and/or activity is safe and suitable for your specific needs. InfoMommy does not make any warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, and assumes no responsibility and/or liability for any actions taken as a result of this blog post. *****

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome ! I love cooking and would
    Put this to such good use !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing product! Would love to get my hands on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Pioneer Woman's recipes they always turn out , and her her cookware is beautiful ! They actually had her mixing bowl at dollarama if you can believe it !

    ReplyDelete